Old 23-07-2003, 03:22 PM
Larry Harrell

Default Aozotorp

mike hagen wrote in message ...
This is the Usenet, not the SAF members only list. Any warm body having
anything to say vaguely related to forests, the ground under forests,
forestry as it is or should be, forestry politics, foresters, the
deranged opinions of ex-foresters or the letter F can chime in.

Even preservationists are practicing some kind of resource management.

This place is way quieter than it was back in the old agroforestry list
days - now there was a flame catcher. We could use a few ranters with
time on their hands. This is the field season in NA and most of us
don't have time to waste on the net.

If it gets nasty, we've all got a delete key.
Mike H

Geoff Kegerreis wrote:

This "Aozotorp" has consistently pushed his preservationist agenda on
this forestry
usenet group while remaining anonymous.

"Can't we all just get along?!?" Apparently not. "Aozotorp" is your
basic run-of-the-mill preservationist spammer, nothing more. Actually,
he's a bit less militant than most and brave enough to venture into
our little corner of the Internet. I've had my share of run-ins with
those other sorts in other newsgroups and they seem to have been
graduates of the Earth First School of Internet Warfare. Those types
make it very personal with all sorts of techniques to make your life a
mess. I've heard various horror stories which I wouldn't want to
experience myself. Their desperation level has now gone critical and
the public seems to ignore their emotional pleas. At one time, I did
consider posting anonymously in other newsgroups but, it's apparent
that the public already sees througn most of their "flawed reasoning"
and slanted newspaper articles. Even some Democrats have seen the
light!

Us foresters DO love our forests and I will continue to do what is
right for them, within my organizational limitations. With Bush's
forest policies almost in place, I'm afraid that Americans will just
have to trust us to do what is right for the land.

Larry Federal eco-forestry rules!