Old 23-07-2003, 05:02 PM
K30a

Default Pond + dogs + frogs = big mistake?

Don wrote What I don't have a solution for is keeping the adult toads out of
the yard,
assuming my little pond is more attractive to them than all the canals

The only thing I found was to pick up and keep inside any cat or dog food
dishes. These toads are different from 'regular' amphibians as they don't need
to see their food move in order to eat it. Keep the yard in total darkness, if
you can, so they can't sit under the lights and snarf up bugs.

You might scan your newspaper or community shopper and see if there is a pond
or koi club in your area. Ponders from your area could have the same problem
and have solutions. Also call animal control and see if they have any ideas.
Good luck and let us know how it goes! :-)

k30a