Old 23-07-2003, 05:12 PM
VivienB

Default Runner beans

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 20:38:08 +0100, "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Ron" wrote in message
Urglers,

This year I have grown two lots of runner beans on wigwams. The seeds
we- Unwins "Scarlet Emperor" at £1.99 a packet and their "Polestar"

at

Snip

I would be interested to know others' opinions of these beans and if

anybody
can recommend a runner bean with tons of taste . . . . . .

Regards

Ron

Have you tried "Painted lady"?

We're growing these this year and they seem ok. Actually I think they were a
freebie with one of the mags, so not bad for nowt.

Steve

I had 'Painted Lady' (sorry, can't remember where I got them) last
year. The beans were good fresh, but tasteless frozen without
blanching. I didn't try blanching any, so can't comment on those
frozen after blanching. Also, they don't make long pods, if that
matters to you.

Regards, VivienB