Old 23-07-2003, 06:22 PM
Rod

Default Identifying a possible pest......

"Jaffa" wrote in message ...
I found a picture of the little critter

http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegal/...tink_bug_adult
.html

They seem to originate from America, and as I live in the UK I don't know if
it's strange to have one over here.

Thanks for your help........

"shannie" wrote in message

"Jaffa" wrote in message
Hi.

I'm trying to identify a beetle or some kind of insect I found in my

garden
as I'd like to know if it's a pest or not as I am a keen gardener.

I've tried searching the net but with no luck, if anyone thinks they can
help me, let me know and maybe I can send a photo of the little creature
I've taken with my digital camera. Or maybe someone can point me in the
direction of a good website for this kind of thing.

Thanks for any help.

In the UK we know them as Shield Bugs for very obvious reasons. Many species, some are leaf eaters but I have never
known them to do any significant damage to garden plants. The name Stink Bug is also appropriate - our cats tell us the
bugs have have a very nasty smell.

Rod