Old 23-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Sean

Default Reel Mowers

Thanks for the tips, Chris & Tom. I will touch base with Peachtree Mower
and check into the Trimmer line. I agree about the big box offerings...

I have a client that sells reconditioned power reels with the collection bin
in the front (older golf course maintenance equipment), but they are a
little steep for what I am looking to buy. On the other hand, the models
sold in the retail centers for $100 to $200 leave a little to be desired.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

Sean

"Tom J" wrote in message

"Sean" none wrote in message

Can anyone shed their experience with reel mowers? I know the drawbacks
include not having 6 hp - what are the benefits? I have a very lush and
healthy zoysia lawn in Atlanta.

Thanks for everyones input,

I hope you can afford at least one as good as a Trimmer instead of those
cheaper thing at the big box stores. You will be glad you did.

The other caution with reel mowers is, pick up ALL sticks, stones, toys,

dog
dishes and anything elase that is in the lawn except grass. It's

expensive to
buy replacement blades by the reel when you damage one.

BTW, Peachtree Mower on Buford Highway usually has some reconditioned

Trimmers
for sale as well as new ones.

Tom J