Old 23-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Salty Thumb

Default Baking Soda KIlls Crabgrass?

Salty Thumb wrote in
:

"BiG_Orange" @ wrote in :

"Shepherd" wrote in message
news
Just read on another forum that if you sprinkle baking soda on
crabgrass it will wither, turn black and die within 5 days.

Has any one on this newsgroup tried the baking soda approach?

Shepherd

Why don't you just do it and report back to us in 5 days.

okay, I just tried it. Not sure I used enough as the wind kept
blowing it away, there was enough to leave visible white specks. It's
going to rain repeatedly in the next five days. Also not 100%
positive mine is crabgrass, but matches everyway that I checked. Crab
grass is growing back from being weedwhacked, but I didn't sprinkle
everything, so there is a control group.

-- Salty

In a poorly conducted experiment, a light dusting of sodium bicarbonate
powder appears to have had no effect. Foliage in applied area appears
similar to control group. Rain and substantial wind occured during the
test period.

-- Salty