Old 23-07-2003, 10:02 PM
RichToyBox

Default Help choosing a pump for my new pond....

Ben,

One of the things you want to consider is the pond turn over rate. The
total volume of the pond should turn over at least every 2 hours for a water
garden, and at least every hour for a koi pond. There are factors such as
friction head, height of waterfall, that will reduce the flow of the pump.
Energy efficiency is more important than initial cost. Do a Google search
of rec.ponds for discussions on head, waterfalls, and pumps. We have had
some very good discussions on all of the above.

Only after you do your research, should you be thinking of buying. The
choices will become fairly easy at that time.
--
RichToyBox

"Ben Raines" wrote in message
om...
I am in the process of building a pond about 1500 gallons.

I currently have two submersible pumps. 1 535 gph beckett, 1 200 gph
(not sure)

My wife wants a waterfall probably about 2 ft high..

I am trying to understand the Pluses and Minuses of a normal pond pump
vs a waterfall pump...

I know one thing to keep in mind is the max lift..

But when I compare prices the Waterfall pumps seem to be cheaper..

EX..

Pond pump 500 GPH $89.99 and a waterfall pump 2000 GPH $119.99

So what I am wondering is... If a 2000 GPH waterfall pump is only
$30 more.. Than why not go with that..

Ben Raines