Old 23-07-2003, 10:03 PM
sw

Default Grass cuttings: leave or gather?

David P wrote:

In article ,
says...
Best of all would be
to um, macerate it and add it to the compost but I can't quite face that
yet.

Spread it on the lawn immediately before cutting the grass. It comes out
ready mixed in g

Many years ago we and our dog went for a walk across the polo fields in
Windsor Great Park. Overnight rain had washed the recently applied
sewage slurry down to the soil under the grass and reduced the odour --
we didn't realise where the smell was coming from until we noticed the
brown sludge where we'd walked. Washed the dog's feet very thoroughly
after that walk!

regards
sarah

--