Old 23-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Jan Flora

Default More ignorant newbie questions

In article ers.com,
"Lattés" wrote:

Hey all, I am not really in to using pesticides on my plants but I was
wondering if it would be a good idea to do a "pre-emptive strike" on my
veggies to keep the nasties away?

thanks
dave

No. Deal with bugs/diseases as they appear. If you wantonly apply
poisons to your plants, you may as well buy your veggies at the store.

Do a web search for "integrated pest management."

Don't worry about asking questions that you think are dumb. The only
way you'll learn this stuff is by asking and by experience in your own
garden.

Your state Cooperative Extension Service probably has loads of
publications about gardening in your area. Type [your state name]
and "CES" into a search engine. Most states have lots of stuff that
you can read with Adobe Acrobat, that you can download for free.

Cheers,
Jan