Old 23-07-2003, 11:02 PM
Mary Fisher

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

The surprising thing is that, with the exception of central London,
there doesn't even seem to be any law against parking on the pavement!

There isn't. It's illegal to DRIVE on the pavement but you have to be caught
in the act.

Our kerbs were raised to prevent drivers mounting them. but at the edge of
every house drive the kerbs were graded down to the road level - so that
wheelchairs could get up and down them.

Which reminds me that every house in the street has a drive. Hardly anyone
puts a car in their drive. We do - and anyone who parks on our pavement
only does it once.

Mary