Old 23-07-2003, 11:42 PM
Lorna

Default Hopeless gardener :(

"bnd777" wrote in message
Do not ignore the compost option though because although granular
fertilisers do indeed work for a while nothing beats getting the soil
structure right and only good compost will do that

I certainly will be looking at compost option, I just always forget it at
the right time of year and then it seems too late. Also, this may sound
silly, but how do you dig compost into flowerbeds when they're full of
plants? Doesn't it disturb them? I thought I'd try one of those compost
tumblers, which say they speed up composting. Do you have any thoughts on
them? They look good for a smallish space. Thanks again! Lorna