Old 24-07-2003, 12:32 AM
jammer

Default relocating to California

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:41:52 +0000 (UTC), Hope Munro Smith
wrote:

Hello,

My husband and I are relocating to California from Texas, and we are
getting contradictory information about whether or which plants we can take
with us. My understanding is that you can take houseplants that have not
spent time outdoors or at least don't have any critters like fire ants in
them. Does anyone have experience with the border check point and what the
procedure is? I don't want to bring a bunch of plants and then have them
thrown out at the border, I'd rather give them away. Thanks for your help!

until soon, Hope

Back in the late 70's they took an apple away from me that i was
eating. They took all of my other fruit, too.

I cant wait to move back to california from texas. Every year i go
home to california and bring back, in my suitcase, aloe and wandering
jew. It's wierd to see the wandering jew die and reappear each year. I
have tried other plants but they never made it. I was out there last
month and bought my mom some of these low to the ground flowering
plants with such BRIGHT colors!! You'll have to hit a nursery when you
get there to see what i am talking about.

Enjoy the weather when you get there! This weather sucks!