Old 24-07-2003, 01:02 AM
NewsUser

Default Baking Soda KIlls Crabgrass?

Seems like you all should mix the baking soda with water before putting it
on the crabgrass so the plants can absorb it. Have you tried that?

"Salty Thumb" wrote in message
Salty Thumb wrote in
:

"BiG_Orange" @ wrote in :

"Shepherd" wrote in message
news Just read on another forum that if you sprinkle baking soda on
crabgrass it will wither, turn black and die within 5 days.

Has any one on this newsgroup tried the baking soda approach?

Shepherd

Why don't you just do it and report back to us in 5 days.

okay, I just tried it. Not sure I used enough as the wind kept
blowing it away, there was enough to leave visible white specks. It's
going to rain repeatedly in the next five days. Also not 100%
positive mine is crabgrass, but matches everyway that I checked. Crab
grass is growing back from being weedwhacked, but I didn't sprinkle
everything, so there is a control group.

-- Salty

In a poorly conducted experiment, a light dusting of sodium bicarbonate
powder appears to have had no effect. Foliage in applied area appears
similar to control group. Rain and substantial wind occured during the
test period.

-- Salty