Old 24-07-2003, 02:02 AM
V_coerulea

Default Tatume squash

If your vines are that healthy, they're not going to miss a leaf or two.
Cutting out the growing tip will only lead to 2 or more new leads to grow
out into the yard. I'd just turn the growing end of the vine around and head
it back into the garden. Make it a good curve so you don't snap or pinch the
vine. Place a rock or some other weighty item alongside the vine to hold it
in place until it knows who's boss.
Gary
"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Can I remove a few leaves from squash vines (where they have run into my
bush beans and are shading them) without hurting the vines? How about
cutting the growing tips out of the vines where they have run 20 to 30

feet
and are about to grow into the lawn -- and my neighbors' lawns.

Bob