Old 24-07-2003, 05:47 AM
jammer

Default Lightning Strike

On 23 Jul 2003 21:13:22 -0700, (BargainTraveller)
wrote:

This past weekend I pulled my back out putting in a water pond in my
backyard. When it was installed I have to admit that I did find it
relaxing to sit on the back porch and listen to the water while doing
my devotionals. I actually felt pretty good about how it was turning
out.

Until Monday night...

Sherry and I were sitting downstairs watching the Tour de France when
suddenly lightning flashed outside the window and the thunder crashed.
It was a direct hit. It had hit my water pond! The pond was actually
lifted out of the hole and the water was just about all gone.
Fortunately we hadn't put fish in it yet or else we would be eating
fish sandwiches!

I have reinstalled the pond and checked into what contributed to my
shocking experience.

Could it be that by leaving the pump on during an electrical storm
that a negative charge was created that the lightning was attracted
to?

I cant answer your question but i had to say, WOW!