Old 24-07-2003, 01:02 PM
John Towill

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

"Essjay001" wrote in message
Ben wrote:

Fair enough being cross if this particular hedge was not
inconveniencing anyone, but where I used to live I spent half my
journey to work walking along the road because one gardener after
another allowed their trees and shrubs (not hedges) to completely
block the pavement. I wish the council had told them to cut back a
bit!

Complain to the council, it is their responsibility to keep the pathways
clear. They should write to the owners telling them to cut their
hedges/trees

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

It is an offence to park on the pavement. Here is an amusing story.

A friend lives beside a busy dual carriageway with a very wide pavement. It
is usual for people to park on that pavement to aviod causing an obstruction
to the road, the pavement is so wide that it will easily accommadate a pram
as well.

His daughter aquired a new boy friend who lived on a nearby "problem"
estate. One evening when he took the girl home by car he was followed by a
police car, when he parked on the pavement he was imediately booked.
My friend phoned the police to complain, and insisted that they sent someone
arround to deal with the matter.

When an inspector arrived he said that as the paperwork was done the
prosecution would have to go through. My friend had sent his son out to
photograph the inspectors car. The case was dropped, work out why! :-)
He also gave a copy of the photograph to all the local residents.
Cheers
John T