Old 24-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Default Yellowing Water Lettuce Emergency

You could put the water lettuce in a container outside the pond to give it a
nutrient bath, then rinse and return to the main pond. Another idea is to
borrow plants for a day from a friend who has a pond? Where are you?

--
Wendy* in N. California,
"America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense, it is the other

"NJ" wrote in message
Hi, everyone...

I posted yesterday regarding my water lettuce turning yellow with amazing
speed in an otherwise healthy pond. I am under the gun because of our pond
being part of a tour this weekend. I was looking into using PondCare's
"Aquatic Plant Stimulant" after researching on the 'net and reading that a
depletion of trace elements might be the culprit. A quick call to a local
pond center put me on to Ironite, a fertilizer that I already have on hand
for evergreens. Has anyone here ever used it?

NJ