Old 24-07-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

Default First juciest, shlushing peach, mmmmm

On 23 Jul 2003 16:22:34 -0700, (Steve Coyle) wrote:

Howdy folks,
In regards to this snipped exchange

" Two years ago, when I was doing some plant hunting John at the
nursery formally named 'Gardenville' told me he wouldn't sell the
dwarf peaches because they did not do well here.

" No, it's not formally named "Gardenville" any more. It's formally named The
Natural Gardener.

Sorry you had a hard time parsing my statement. I was using the
usage as in 'was once known as'. Example: 'The Artist formally know as
Prince"

Not actually, the correct word for that usage is "formerly." "Formally" is a
different word which means the opposite of casually "the formally dressed crowd
gathered in the hall."

" Malcolm Beck was "Gardenville" then I believe he sold the name to a
company
which makes compost and mulch sold in bags under the name Native Texas Shredded
Hardwood, or some such thing.

Malcolm back, for new gardeners is worth a quick search on the net
or in the library for his valuable writings on organic gardening in
Texas. He founded 'Garden-Ville' out of San Antonio and franchised
John's operation in Austin. When he retired a few years ago he sold
not just the name but the entire product line and his business assets
in San Antonio.

Garden-Ville's web site is:

http://www.garden-ville.com/

And I have spent more on their potting soil mix in my container garden
than I want to add up.

The Texas Native Mulch operation is out of Leander, or Cedar Park I
can't remember which. ( Someone check me on this, I don't use it so I
don't have a bag laying around.) Has anyone driven by their operation,
and figured out their secret ingredient, that makes their mulch
'Texas Native'?

take care,
Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com