Old 24-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default More on Sevin and Japanese beetles

Anne Lurie wrote:

Also, Dave, I misquoted you about the foliar applications; you said they
should be limited to 5, but I typed 4 in my post. I'm still trying to
figure out which is worst: not being able to A) type; B) read; or C) count

Not being able to count comes in handy with roses. "But I *only* have
five roses. I need more." "What do you mean honey that you counted
sixteen?" "I'm supposed to use *two* hands and my toes?"

I still can't bring myself to use Sevin. I wish I could because some of
my roses would love me for it. I just can't bear the thought of
possibly hurting the resident toads, nesting bluebirds and their babies,
or the beneficial insects. *sigh* I don't feel anywhere near as guilty
when I spray orthenex.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu