Old 24-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default saffron crocus--anyone ever try growing it here?

Anne Lurie wrote:

If you mean that the high price pains you in the grocery store, check the
Hispanic seasonings section -- I *think* that I saw "Mexican Saffron" (or
something like that) in packets that seemed much cheaper than the usual
price for a little bottle of saffron.

I love to cook. I've in the last couple of years slowly transitioned
into buying almost all of my spices on the web. The place I use is
Penzey's (I also love the recipes in their catalogs) but there are lots
other places on the web. Prices are *way* better IMO than buying form
local stores plus the selection is wonderful.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu