Old 24-07-2003, 06:02 PM
John DeBoo

Default Peach tree bleeding like crazy

Shiva wrote:

Sorry for the cross-post but this is urgent.

My Peach tree, of about 8 years old, 7 feet tall, variety unknown, has
suddenly started bleeding sap from hundreds of tiny spots all over. Thne
leaves have all but dried up and fallen off, the ends of the twigs are
dead and dry too. This happened within days.

Is this sap a light brown transparent jelly like stuff? If so its
peach borers. We had a peach tree years ago and were able to
contain the problem fairly well with stuff specifically for them,
but it was a PITA to do. Had to mix it, scrape off the jelly and
apply to each place affected on the tree, then pour around the
roots. It did work though and the tree was saved - until we put in
an in-ground pool 25 years ago that is. Pool is now an 18x36 garden
and I sure wish I had my peach tree back.