Old 24-07-2003, 06:03 PM
Jaffa

Default Identifying a possible pest......

Thanks for the info everyone.

:-)

"Victoria Clare" wrote in message
0.10...
"David Hill" wrote in news:bfmqo4
:

Also available in green.
I've never noticed any damage caused by them.

I have a couple of times noticed some damage where a shield bug seems to
have decided to take up residence in a particularly small and fragile pot-
plant (where you notice the impact). One was munching a small ivy-leaf
geranium cutting this spring, for example.

I usually just encourage them into the hedge (where anything that will
assist my pruning efforts is more than welcome!) : they are far too pretty
to stomp, and as you say, don't seem very hungry.

Can these genetic engineers not set their minds to a slug that will only
eat hedging plants? Much more useful than pesticide-resistant maize!

Victoria