Old 24-07-2003, 06:22 PM
SugarChile

Default Gladiolas

No, they will not flower again this year, no matter what you do. However,
cutting the spent flower stem will prevent the plant from putting energy
into seed production, which can help give the bulb more reserves for growing
and flowering next year.

If you live in a cold winter area, you can dig and store the bulbs this
fall. If you live in a mild winter area, you can just leave them in place.
I'm in zone 6, and winters can be quite variable, so it's a gamble. I still
prefer to dig and store them so that I can deal with all the little offset
bulbs.

Cheers,
Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

"John DeBoo" wrote in message
Will cutting off the stem of already flowered Gladiolas aide them in
growing or flowering again this season?