Old 24-07-2003, 07:42 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

Default Corn patch made into crop circles

In article ,
Aaron Baugher wrote:

What do I do now? So far, I've done nothing and the stalks are
still green and don't seem too dead.

If the ground is very wet, you may be able to stand it back up, as
someone else suggested. It may stand back up somewhat on it's own,
too. If you can't stand it back up without breaking the stalks, it
will probably grow okay where it is, as long as the ears aren't
actually touching the ground, but it'd be better for pollination to
stand it up if possible.

We followed Pat K's idea of criscrossing two lengths of twine between
the stalks and anchoring it at both ends (in the middle too in our case)
with stakes, and standing the corn back up. That was nearly a week ago
and the corn, which had been flattened in a terrible storm, is going
great guns again. We also hilled it up a bit. But we have only two 4'
x 50' raised beds of corn. Still, it was not a pleasant task on a 98?
day. But it worked!