Old 24-07-2003, 08:43 PM
Rod

Default Potato 'Fruit'

"David Rance" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Pam Moore wrote:

My potato plants have just finished flowering....
I removed the flowers from some and left them on others to see if it made
any real difference to the crops....

And now they have produced 'Fruit'
They are very much like a thick-skinned grape only much darker...
About an inch ling and a half-inch in diameter..And very firm

Are they worth keeping?
Can I use them as seeds for future plants?

They are poisonous so beware.

One should never attempt to eat the fruit as it certainly is poisonous
but the potatoes grown from the seeds are fine.

And as others have pointed out every plant will be an entirely new variety. Just let me be the first to try your new
slug proof, blight proof, drought resistant, flood tolerant, scab proof, wart proof, virus proof, nematode proof
maincrop baker/chipper. I'll even show you how to patent it for a half share of the royalties.

Rod