Old 24-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Jack1000

Default This bug stinks!

I went back down to my plants to get a closer look at my problem and to get a
sample of the bugs to bring to a garden center. I then found a diferent bug. At
the base of the plants there seemed to be some rotting or damage to the stem.
While rooting around in the stem I found a grub about 1/2" long with a black
face. I took the bugs in a zip lock to be identified and they told me not to
worry about the centipeds. They told me the grub on the other hand was a stem
borer and I would have to try to get rid of them by taking a thin wire and
following the insects trail into the plant and trying to scure the little
*******s to kill them.
They also told me that it was a short 2 or 3 week season for these bugs that is
running late because of the wierd weather we had in the spring up here in the
northeast. Then they said to avoid further infestation I should cover the base
af my squash plants with ash or diatomatious earth or even pool sand.

live and learn

Jack

I think I have stink bugs eating my zuccinis!
They were like little skinny centepedes about 1/2" to an inch long and

smelled
real funny when I smooshed them into the hell they deserved.
Is there a good way to kill them without killing yourself? I got down on all
fours for 2 of the plants but I cant be sure I got them all and I got 20 more
squash plants to protect.

Please help me

Jack