Old 24-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Jim Elbrecht

Default This bug stinks!

[Jack has already identified the *real* villain, but I'm still curious
about the smells of these bugs.]

On 24 Jul 2003 13:14:00 GMT, (Jack1000) wrote:

I think I have stink bugs eating my zuccinis!
They were like little skinny centepedes about 1/2" to an inch long and smelled
real funny when I smooshed them into the hell they deserved.

That sounds more like a millipede. What was the smell? Something
along the lines of almond-- or more like pineapple?[my favorite
'stink' bug, which snacks on my maple trees, smells like pineapple-- I
never found a squash-eating one, so I don't know what they smell like]

Some millipedes [which won't harm your plants] have an almondy smell.

Squash/Stink bugs, which might, in great numbers, harm your plants,
don't look at all like centipedes.

Here are some stats on stinkbugs-
http://www.extension.umn.edu/project...02.html#squash

Jim