Old 24-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Richard Wright

Default Help with identifying common australian garden plants

Kathy:

Presumably you mean "this spring" :-)

There is a series of books by Stirling Macaboy that should help. I
don't know which are in print now but they include "What Flower is
That", "What Shrub is That" and "What Tree is That", "Perennials for
Bed and Border".

On 24 Jul 2003 13:06:39 -0700, (kathy d)
wrote:

My son is hoping to travel to australia from the UK on a 12 month
working holiday visa this autumn, and hopes to extend his knowledge
and expertise as a professional gardener during his stay. Although he
is qualified and experienced in the UK there will obviously be a great
many plants which will be new to him - can anyone recommend a good
book, organisation or web site preferably well illustrated that he
could study beforehand to help him recognize and learn about the more
common garden plants he might come across - I realise it's a big
country with varying climates - he's hoping to start in Melbourne.
We'd be very grateful for any pointers.