Old 24-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Fenny

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Michael Saunby say...
I suspect folks that park half on the pavement are simply trying to show
their working class roots. Anyway car drivers can be just as effective in
curing offenders by parking correctly immediately behind them - so they
can't see traffic when they want to pull out.

It does depend somewhat on the circumstances. Although it is against
all my principles, I have to park half on the pavement when I visit Ma,
as her house has no drive and the road is not wide enough for cars to
park on both sides and still allow traffic to pass. And as there are
several people (including her next door neighbour) who work from home
and have large vans as well as more than one car, it can get more than a
little crowded.
--
Fenny
Fictitious Facts of the Day - from a list by Andrew Burford
#188: 2,000,000 egg cartons and 3,500,000 washing-up liquid bottles went
into the making of Star Wars.