Old 24-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Michael Berridge

Default Butterfly Bush that doesn't work ???

Helen wrote in message
. ..
my previous message.

Buddleia Davidii is the foolproof one.

Buddleia alternifolia
Buddleia Globosa
and
Buddelia Weyeriana do NOT attract butterflies.

I should have carified this. Apologies to all purists.

I have a yellow globosa which certainly does attract butterflies,
judging by the number on it this week. I also have davidii which is just
nicely coming into flower, and that has a very good number of visitors.
I admit I was given to understand that globosa didn't attract
butterflies, and also that it didn't like being pruned, well mine gets
pruned hard each spring, and attracts the butterflies.

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk