Old 24-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Rusty Hinge

Default re Runner Beans.

The message
from "Peter Coddington" contains
these words:

it looks like 'beans' for a
lot of meals or freezing some (which I am not keen on)
(This year I have also had a bumper crop of raspberries)

I salt my beans. We used to salt a big stone crock of them every year
when I was a lad, and while I do have a freezer, beans take up a lot of
room. If soaked in two changes of water the salted beans are perfectly
acceptable, and the liquor they make in the process of salting can be
used to add a little extra flavour to gravy, etc.

If I do freeze any, I blanch them and freeze them in the blanching water
- that way they don't partially freeze-dry.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk excange d.p. with p to reply.