Old 24-07-2003, 11:23 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Gardens and Nusery's to visit

"Rene wrote in message
We are visiting the south of England this summer 06-08-03 - 15-08-03 and
we are looking for adresses of Gardens and Nursery's not specially gardens
who are well known but the Gardens and Nursery's of real collector's.

I am a member of the A.G.S. - N.A.R.G.S. - S.R.G.S. and of corse the dutch
N.R.V. these are all rock garden socieeties

I am propegating (al kind of) plants for fun and i like to exchange

plants.

If someone is interested i can send a list of my collection or a list of

the
plant that i can exchance.

One source of interesting gardens is the National Garden Scheme who produce
every year a book showing all the gardens open under their scheme and the
days and times. It's known as the "Yellow Book" 'cause that's it's colour .
These are usually private gardens open for perhaps one or two days a year
for charity.
Take a look at www.ngs.org.uk/

Wakehurst Place is the other "Kew Gardens" and well worth a visit if you
like large landscapes, and near there is Heron's Bonsai if that interests
you, and/or McBeans Orchids which is a bit further South.

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.