Old 25-07-2003, 04:22 AM
zxcvbob

Default Tatume squash

Dwayne wrote:

Bob, you should be able to cut part or all of a vine off the plant with out
hurting the rest of it, as long as it is healthy. How do you kill a squash
anyway? Are you raising winter or summer squash? I planted over 14 kinds
last year, and 10 this year, but I have never heard of a Hydra. Always
looking for a new one to try that tastes good.

Dwayne

It is a summer squash that grows on a vine that looks like a pumpkin vine.
Like a trombone squash. The squash look like little light green pumpkins.

Hydra was a mythical serpent monster with lots of heads, and if I recall
correctly when Hercules cut off a head, two immediately would grow back. I
haven't cut any yet, but the vines are branching and rerooting at almost
every node.

Bob