Old 25-07-2003, 05:32 AM
EvelynMcH

Default Pruning oregano (and other herbs)

Pinch it off before it has a chance to flower by cutting the central stem just
immediately above a pair of leaves. I harvest mine with a pair of kitchen
shears at least once a week - once they flower, they lose a lot of flavor, I
think. You can be fairly merciless, but don't cut more than half the stem's
height at one time, or you will over-stress the plant.

If you can't use all that oregano at once, freeze it. I put mine in small cube
storage containers with a little olive oil. They go into the microwave to thaw,
and right into the crock for sauce. (Same goes for basil, too.)

-=epm=-

In matters of truth and justice,
there is no difference between large and small problems,
for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Albert Einstein