Old 25-07-2003, 07:12 AM
Steve Coyle

Default First juciest, shlushing peach, mmmmm

In regards to this message:
Not actually, the correct word for that usage is "formerly." "Formally" is a
different word which means the opposite of casually "the formally dressed crowd
gathered in the hall."

Thanks for the clarification. Should have listened to my third
grade teacher who told me someday I might actually appreciate
spelling.
Worst spelling error I ever made was writing ' furrier' when I met '
farrier' in a short story. One vowel, but the wrong word. Slipped
through spellcheck, slipped by the editor and after it was published I
got a torrent of communication pointing out the error of my ways,
which surprised me since I had assumed no one actually reads obscure
literary journals, that they just sort of laid around the shelves of
English departments.

Back to Peaches: I noticed that Dixieland has mentioned,anybody
have another variety of Peach that has worked really well for them?
I was also interested if any one has been out to the Salt Lick out
near Driftwood lately and toured the Rose gardens and the Peach groves
out back?
About six years ago the owners wanted to start a peach grove to
supply their peach cobbler, and they planted five hundred trees. If I
remember correctly they used 'Redskin', 'Belle of Georgia" ,
'Feliciana' and some others I can't remember. I was wondering how
they were doing with their peaches, since my new healthier diet keeps
me away from the huge racks of beef ribs that I remember so fondly,
have not been out there for some time.

take care,
Steve Coyle
www.austingardencenter.com