Old 25-07-2003, 09:15 AM
Iain Miller

Default Dying Koi: Can You Help?

"Richard C. Eberhardt" wrote in message
Well, all the koi are dead now: the pretty 12" ones I had for six years

and
the 3 new ones added this summer. They seemed to die one at a time, from
largest to smallest animal.

SNIP

My Ideas
1) I introduced some strange koi disease with the new fish. It would be
something that does not leave a mark and strikes the largest animals

first.

I'd favour this one......I'm still researching & planning the building of my
first pond but I've kept tropical Aquariums for a number of years - first
rule is to always always quarantine new fish & I'd think this would apply
equally as much to a pond.

Additionally I know from talking to the guys at my LFS that there is/has
been a very nasty Koi specific virus around for the last year or two - you
have to be careful where you buy your fish here in the UK at the moment -
suggest you talk to a number of LFS & ask around about it - I can find out
then name of it if you need it.

Sorry to hear of your losses

I.