Old 25-07-2003, 11:43 AM
Nedra

Default Ouch !!!! Lotus has thorns

Opss.. Sorry, I had forgotten the main reason for this thread.
Okay, the aerial leaves do have a rather rough texture to the
leaves - especially when you run your fingers Up from
the bottom of the leaf. I don't know which species this one is
but I suspect it is Chawan Basu. (I went out in the first light and cut a
leaf.) Someone with tender hands and feet would notice these little
'thorms' and possibly get cut. If you can tell us the kind of lotus
it is we can better tell you if this is the case.

Nedra
"claude rogers" wrote in message
no guys, I said lotus not lily, has thorns on the vertical stems, and yes

do have tender hands and feet too. Refuse to grow roses for that very
reason, just hate getting punctured. Although that big one in the picture
is very cool, but really, I didn't have any idea that lotus had little
thorns on the stems.