Old 25-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Mickey

Default Help choosing a pump for my new pond....

Sequence makes a very energy efficient pump. It will cost more but the
3800GPH pump I bought uses the same or less electricity then the Beckett 535
gph pump I bought originally.They do sell smaller sizes that use even less
electricity. Also don't forget to figure in plumbing when calculating pump
size needed. 90 degree elbows create a lot of static head. I think it is
something like a foot of head for every elbow? So if you have 2 foot for the
falls and a couple of elbows getting it there that is 4 feet.

"Ben Raines" wrote in message
om...
I am in the process of building a pond about 1500 gallons.

I currently have two submersible pumps. 1 535 gph beckett, 1 200 gph
(not sure)

My wife wants a waterfall probably about 2 ft high..

I am trying to understand the Pluses and Minuses of a normal pond pump
vs a waterfall pump...

I know one thing to keep in mind is the max lift..

But when I compare prices the Waterfall pumps seem to be cheaper..

EX..

Pond pump 500 GPH $89.99 and a waterfall pump 2000 GPH $119.99

So what I am wondering is... If a 2000 GPH waterfall pump is only
$30 more.. Than why not go with that..

Ben Raines