Old 25-07-2003, 01:02 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default First-timer results...

Frogleg wrote:

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 10:30:48 -0400, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

Frogleg wrote:

I've re-thunk the rack. You probably want those plants nestling close
together and the pots heavily mulched. Maybe all on bottom shelf with
straw stuffed around. Same spot -- sun and heat-sink -- but wrapped up
warm with the pots as little exposed to wind and weather as possible
Things in pots are more vulnerable than things in the ground. Dill
(and basil) is an annual. Parsley is a biennial, and pretty hardy. You
usually want to treat it as an annual and start new plants each year,
because the 2nd year, when they flower and go to seed (giving you a
lifetime supply), the leaves are less useful, but you *can* have a
little nice fresh parsley over the winter. Oregano, sage, and thyme
are perennials if conditions are right. I searched on "sage herb
hardiness" (without the quotes) and came up with a number of useful