Old 25-07-2003, 04:02 PM
Michael Saunby

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Michael Saunby
writes

And what would the difference be? Why as a smallholder don't I have to
worry about keeping my roadside hedge from overhanging the road, but a
suburban gardener must?

Must he? I thought all a suburban gardener had to do was keep the hedge
from overhanging the pavement?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I presume you do not have a pavement to
overhang.

True, but why is a pavement different from a road in this respect? It
seems odd that if your hedge grows over your neighbours property they have
a right to cut it back, but can't make you do so, and that councils keep
roads clear, but then councils appear to have this special power wrt
pavements.

Michael Saunby