Old 25-07-2003, 04:12 PM
Shiva

Default White powdery mildew

On 18 Jul 2003 17:08:55 -0700, elfa wrote:

Below is what the Petaluma Rose Company says about it:

Powdery Mildew looks like a white dusting on rose leaves. It is controlled by
Orthenex. The organic method is 1T baking soda, 1T vinegar, 1 T vegetable oil to
a gallon of water. Other good sprays are neem oil, horticultural oils or ultra
fine oil (spray on cool days).

I've used the organic method, neem oil method and am now trying Orthenex (it was
a gift). All seemed to work for me. I'm in a climate that is hot and has NO
rain from May to October (zone 9) and it's currently 94 degrees as I write this.

elfa--

As you may already know, I have used Orthenex for years. The only time
I saw PM was the year I tried not spraying at all, and it was in the
fall. Just as it is where you are, it pretty much stays in the 90s
after sunrise here for a lot of the summer, so perhaps we do not get
PM as severely as those in cooler places.

elfa