Old 25-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Nedra

Default Help answer this for me?

Hi there ...I'm far from being a pro but I believe it must have
been my post you were reading about Baking Soda.
1 cup of Baking Soda per 1,000 gallons of water is the dose
for bringing the KH up to at least 100. The BS also tops the
pH out at 8.4... I said nothing about the nitrite level mainly
because I don't know anything about it.
Baking Soda has no ill effect on the bio-filter, nor on the plants
and fish. I add it regularly as I have somewhat acid rain and it
does rain alot here. Also I have a 3,000 gallon pond... that
means I dose the pond 3 days in a row .... just 1 cup per 1,000
gallons of water.

Any other questions... just ask - I'll try to answer.

Nedra in Missouri
eocities.com/Heartland/Pines/4836

"DonKcR" wrote in message
newsJbUa.11479$ff.9123@fed1read01...
Hi, Another questions for the pro's, I read that backing soda can change

the
high nitrite level to a good level. Is this true? If so how does this

effect
fish and plants? How will it effect a bio filter? Has any one ever really
done this? The article I read can't remember where now said you use 1 cup
per 1000 gallon's. I won't try this without some good advise. Thanks in
advance! Kc