Old 25-07-2003, 05:02 PM
Michael Saunby

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Michael Saunby
writes

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , Michael Saunby
writes

And what would the difference be? Why as a smallholder don't I have

worry about keeping my roadside hedge from overhanging the road, but

suburban gardener must?

Must he? I thought all a suburban gardener had to do was keep the

hedge
from overhanging the pavement?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I presume you do not have a pavement to
overhang.

True, but why is a pavement different from a road in this respect?

Because roads are used by lorries and cars, whereas pavements are
intended for pedestrians, who may be injured by overhanging bushes.

Wouldn't it be great if sensible logic like that could be shown to be the
basis of our laws? Then you might even be able to argue successfully that
you don't actually need to cut back a hedge unless it presents a hazard.

Though it would be nice to think that the law really does have such little
regard for horse riders, cyclists and motor cyclists. They think they are
regarded as 2nd class citizens, and you may have found the proof :-)

Michael Saunby