Old 25-07-2003, 05:22 PM
David Rance

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Michael Saunby wrote:

I don't for one minute believe that the council comes round to cut

peoples
privet, leylandii, beech or any other private hedge, but if this is true,
someone should take the council to court for mis-appropriation of taxes

They don't come around. They pay one of the local farmers to do them.

Actually they do - in France. There are "cantonniers" whose job it is to
go round in the countryside cutting grass and trimming hedges. And when
one of my hedges over there was deemed to be interfering with the
automatic working of a street light a councillor came and trimmed it
back himself!

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |