Old 25-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Can pond water make a dog/cat sick?

Here's another thought: were the people using algaecides? I don't use any,
because the label said that it should not be ingested by animals -- don't
recall if that meant as is, or when diluted in the pond, though.

Of course, life with algae is much easier now that I've learned that the
stuff on the side of the pond is OK and shouldn't be removed.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"dkat" wrote in message
.net...
Someone I know just tore out their preformed pond because they thought

their
dog got sick from drinking the water (I'm not complaining since I now have

new pond...I just have to decide where to put it and start digging). Does
anyone know if this is possible? DK