Old 25-07-2003, 07:44 PM
bnd777

Default can I still plant?

Honeysuckles will be your best bet they grow fast and are mostly evergreen
However I think you are way too optimistic that any fencing will keep your
cats in
I know someone who spent £6000 on fancy fencing and rolling poles etc trying
to keep their 2 burmese in ........what a joke

"pcb" wrote in message
I'm new to this group and to the UK. We've just had the garden enclosed
with trellising and wire so that our cats can go outside but not leave
the property (Unfortunately one of the cats was hit by a car and killed
instantly last month so we decided to do this). I'd like to plant some
climbers to soften the appearance of the garden and cover the wire.

We're located in the suburbs of London and the garden is pretty much
sheltered. Is it too late in the season to plant now? Should I just
wait until next spring? Any advice on what to plant? It can't be
anything too heavy so wisteria is out. I was thinking jasmine and
perhaps some variegated ivy.

thanks

pcb