Old 25-07-2003, 07:44 PM
Essjay001

Default It makes me CROSS!!!

David Rance wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Essjay001 wrote:

But does the owner have to cut them?

Yes he does, a house holder can do more or less what he likes within
the bounds of his own property, however once his hedge /shrub stsrts
to imping on the pavement he is then blocking a public right of way.
If a pedestrian has to walk in the road because of the overgrowth
from a domestic property and gets knocked down by a passing car who
is he going to blame and more importantly who is he going to sue.

Hmm! A sorts of interesting points have come out of this thread which
I started some thirty messages ago, not least that many of us are a
bit hazy about who is responsible for what!

However my original complaint, which has been lost sight of, was that
a man down the road from me was being made by the council to spoil his
lovely, neat hedge which overhangs the pavement only slightly and
doesn't incommode pedestrians (I know, because I use that pavement
regularly) while cars in the same road which are parked on the
pavement, and which *do* incommode pedestrians, are ignored. I find
it difficult to negotiate these cars so I'm sure a blind man who also
uses that pavement does, too, not to mention mothers and children
walking to and from the local primary school.

Either double standards or a jobsworth - or both!

I'll go with usless council **** if it's all the same to you

Steve R

---
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.