Old 25-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Hope Munro Smith

Default Cross-country move with plants?

Frogleg wrote in
:

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:11:50 GMT, Jonathan Sachs
wrote:

I am moving from the San Francisco area to Chicago next month, and I
have a few potted plants that I would like to take with me. I am not
going to drive, so carrying them is not an option.

Does anybody know about a service that will transport small numbers of
plants at a reasonable price?

I sent some of my favorites with the furniture in the moving van
(commercial) from west to east coast. I was not confident of survival,
but several, well-watered and surrounded (not on top) with cardboard
'cages' made it.

You can FedEx them, but best check on regs and packing advice.

Which plants made it under these conditions, do you remember?