Old 25-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Hope Munro Smith

Default relocating to California

Frogleg wrote in
:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 02:01:41 GMT, Charles
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:41:52 +0000 (UTC), Hope Munro Smith
wrote:

My husband and I are relocating to California from Texas, and we are
getting contradictory information about whether or which plants we
can take with us.

I've brought nursery plants into California from Oregon, I told them I
had nursery plants and they said fine.

The last time I came through, last Sunday, the inspection station was
not even manned. this was on I-5 from Oregon.

The object, as Hope indicated, is not to 'sneak' plants into Calif.,
but to find information on what can/cannot be brought in.

Hope -- have you discovered:

http://134.186.235.120/phpps/pe/faq_hse_plnts.htm

This is the CA dept. of ag's FAQ on your question.

Yes, I have looked at this, and it is very ambiguous. Basically, it says
you can try to bring whatever you like, but we may dump it on the side of
the road if we don't like the looks of it.