Old 25-07-2003, 11:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Would you like some Eggs with that Mop? Egg-dentify

Man, I knew there was a reason that I stuck with little Petsmart goldfish in
my teeny pond!

I have to ask -- why did you put a mop in your pond in the first place? I
mean, I know the merits of using a ShopVac in the pond to clean up decaying
leaves, the potting soil I was too dumb to wash off the impatiens, etc. but
a mop?

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"David" wrote in message
om...
I placed a cotton mop head in my pond last weekend hoping the fish
would spawn. I have just discovered some foam at the surface of the
water and went to check out the mop and found light yellow eggs on the
bottom. Would these be Koi or goldfish eggs? How do I know when
they're fertilized? What do I do now? I only have Koi and goldfish and
its a 1300 gallon pond in Maryland. Please Help. Thanks.